View Single Post
Old 05.18.2013, 02:34 PM   #296
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
cool. never been enthralled by him like some of you are and gave MBDTF a second listen a couple of weeks ago because of Severian. still thinks it's OK(with a couple of really bad songs). i will say i perfer his later albums and 808's & Heartbreak might be my fav. don't know why.

I appreciate that, for some reason.

There's a lot to hate about Kanye "the superstar," and I was way too focused on the shades and the glitter... but when when you listen to "Last Call," all the bullshit seems to melt away, and you realize that he's an incredibly self aware human being. He becomes relatable, and then you understand the cockiness.

Then there's the fact that his beats and production are light years ahead of mainstream pop. Seriously, the guy is a machine.

Amazing was the first track to catch my attention too. I heard it on a tv show or something, and when I found out it was Kanye I just about shit my pants.

So for a long time I was an 808s and MBDTF only fan, and swore up and down that the brilliance of those albums was a fluke. But thanks to louder and NR (must spread rep where rep is due) I started listening the other albums, start to finish, over and over, and now I fucking love it all.

But if you don't dig "Runaway" then I'm not sure you'll have the same experience. That's one of the strangest hip hop songs I've ever heard, and when the beat kicks in, it's like lying on the tracks underneath a moving train.

Ima go listen to that shit right now.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|