View Single Post
Old 06.15.2010, 12:05 PM   #82
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
That's interesting. Where do you stand with the US? I obviously support England but, like Germany, they're a difficult team for a neutral to get behind. They lack any real romance but you can't help where you're born. Needless to say, for two months every four years I'd love to be a Brazilian but for the other three years and ten months, I breath a sigh of relief that I'm not.

I suppose my 'second' teams are Holland and Argentina, while my 'pet hate' side is probably Italy. Just horrible.

oh, i want the US to win & go as far as they can, but i know they suck and i don't like their style of play (kick and run, kick and run: dullsville). that's the doing of coach bradders-- i liked them better when bruce arena was coach, even though his players were not as good as this new batch.

i like teams with good control of the ball, who make nice plays-- that's why i was in such awe of germany the other day. they are playing like argentina should, touching the ball to get around the defense, and strangely, they seem to have shirked their propensity for rough play. they really put on a good show.

many years ago, when i was a furrner, i witnessed the brazil-usa match in a bar full of gringos, and me and maybe another 5 people were cheering for brazil. we didn't get lynched, it was a very civilized thing, even after the US lost. but that was ages ago and now that i'm welcome here i have lots more affection for Team 'Merica. it's just not a national sport yet, though-- give it a few years.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|