View Single Post
Old 07.23.2016, 05:07 PM   #13
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkcip
the concept of 'The Upside Down' reminded me of Stephen King's The Talisman, as well.. with the existence of a parallel world slightly similar (and accessible) to the present reality, but fantastically different. might have to revisit that one, really dug some of the environments that he set up in the story

I've never read the Talisman. Not really into King. But I really like the whole barren, alien alternate world thing, so maybe I'll check it out.

Gaiman's novels and stories are more my speed. I like the well-educated takes on pagan and old world mythologies that Gaiman brings to his fiction. Epic stuff. Wish he wrote at a more King-like clip though.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|