View Single Post
Old 04.02.2006, 12:44 AM   #6
Angel Dust
little trouble girl

Angel Dust has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I have heard there is animosity between them, but I think they have made amends, as I believe members of both bands have recently attend each others shows. And as quoted on the BJM site: "Anton Newcombe does not support the recently screened documentary film 'DIG!' in its currently edited form. He feels strongly that the "Jerry Springer-esque" vilification of his nature is an inappropriate, mis contextualized, and exploitative use of the footage...". This would lead me to believe that the animosity was somewhat invented.

Regarding, "i can't believe that anyone would like those bands after watching that movie, both bands come off as utterly shallow, moronic and mind numbing."

My friend told me the same thing so you are probably right, but I got a sense that it was really the record labels that were the culprit for a lot of the bullshit in the film. Though, I will agree that both Anton Newcombe and Courtney Taylor are not the "rock and roll geniuses" they claim to be. I like their music a lot, but I think that is a stretch, especially as they were many band making the same type of music. Nevertheless, I though it was great documentary and I really enjoy the albums I have of both bands.