View Single Post
Old 06.18.2009, 08:17 AM   #1
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I know there's at least one other Dipset fan here. So...

1. Cam'ron - Crime Pays
Cam... you used to be THEE head/heart of Dipset. PURPLE HAZE is the epitome of what a Dipset solo album should/could be. It creates its own world, and makes the listener want to inhabit that world. But this. What is this? Granted there's some good tracks, such as "My Job" which had premiered or leaked or whatever they called it before the album came out. That's a good one. And the one that samples "Blinded By The Light" is good. And that skit where you talking about crapping in the backseat of that girl's car is funny. And y'know, a handful of good tracks. But c'mon man. This is an album. A full album. And we've been waiting for a new album since KILLA SEASON. This album is just okay. It's mediocre. It's not BAD. But it doesn't make me want to listen to it again either. Yawn.

2. Jim Jones - Pray IV Rain
Jimmy, last year's HARLEM'S AMERICAN GANGSTER was in my year-end Top 10 list. That was a great album. Y'know why? Because it took the approach of the sprawling Dipset mixtapes, and then refined it. Instead of 30 tracks, there was a managable 15 or so. The beats were good. And there was focus. This new album is long (as usual for Dipset), but too much sounds the same. I understand that a major label is expecting something specific from you. And "Pop Champagne" is a good club track. But this is disappointing to me. It doesn't sound like a Jim Jones LP. I hate to say that Koch brought out the best in you.

3. Juelz Santana ....
Juelz you f'ing KILLED IT last year with yr verse on Wayne's CARTER III. So here we are waiting for a proper album, and what do we get? A Skull Gang album. Dude. We want to hear a Juelz record. I didn't even get the Skull Gang record. I don't even know if it's good. But...

4. Dipset ...
The rest of you (40 Cal, Dukedagod, JR Writer, Hell Rell, etc) are doing what you should be. Dropping indie albums and finding a voice. So yr dismissed. BUT let's be frank with the Big Three above. We need you all to make up and put out a new Dipset album. No more Skull Gang. No more Byrd Gang. None of that. We need DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY 3. Trust me. And maybe do it on Koch. For some reason that worked for all of you.