View Single Post
Old 04.12.2007, 11:19 PM   #34
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
The bottom line is the Flaming Lips (by Wayne Coyne & Michael Ivans own admission) had no creativity and/or musical direction and then Stephen Drozd stepped in the picture and started to write everything and all the music became like bowie/ny dolls/overproduced/smoke and mirrors.

although I agree with the latter half of what you say, that is a completely unfair statement.

no creativity? If Wayne ever said that, he would have been lying or playing it up for the interview. the guy's chock full of it. I'm not sure how much of it's on the music right now...but it's there and always has been.

musically, Steven changed the band's sound. whether that's good or bad can be debated, but it finally made them successful.

say what you want about them now, just don't go dissing their entire career like that man!

BACK ON TOPIC: I'd vote for sonic youth twice in this poll if I could.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|