View Single Post
Old 01.11.2019, 04:36 PM   #2349
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Agreed. Tbh, I didn't agree with Sevs opinion that a)this was the worst season and b)the format is getting tired. Something different was happening on this one. Whilst I agree a lot of it was BoJack doing something shitty and then trying to apologise for it. I think they were braver with it this time round. That eulogy episode for example. Fuck that was just brilliant. The fact they ended it as they did they knew it was gonna go in a different direction next season.

Even Todd was a lot more bearable in this one.

I don’t think I said “worst season,” but... like... the mother-sister-dementia storyline of season 4 was SO FUCKING WOW. It actually made me cry. There was something Salingeresque about the portrayal of family dynamic, which sounds ridiculous since it’s about a talking horse comedian, but it’s true.

I think going where they went in season 5 was just... I don’t know how to really explain it other than with a shitty metaphor, so here we go:

Season 4 is the deep end of the pool. Feels like there’s no more depth to be achieved without drowning. But instead of, say, moving to the ocean for a deeper swim, season 5 just dumped a bunch of black ink into the pool and said, “Are you uncomfortable yet?”

Does that make any sense?

I still liked season 5, and it’s still amazing, but it didn’t reach the same emotional depths for me. It just tried to reach other kinds of extreme emotions rather than continuing to explore what was there. Not saying it was bad, but it wasn’t as strong as season 4.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|