View Single Post
Old 07.01.2018, 04:48 PM   #10014
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yep. Big fat zero.

Anyway, right ...

No foregone conclusions but ... England against Colombia ... we get past them then it's Sweden or Switzerland in the quarters, then Russia or Croatia in the semis. Then ok we'll worry about the final when we get there but whoever it is, this is on now. I really believe it.
a warning though. i dont wanna be a party shitter but i’m not feeling england and i’ll explain why.

i like the team. they’re decent up and down and have a natural goalscorer up top. they all play in the prem, which is a good thing. i had some players in my fantasquad previously. i had kane for this round but decided to get suarez instead because after i bungled the max bench i decided to roll the dice all the way—might as well. but anyway, this is just to say it’s got a lot of promise.

only problem i see with england is: they’ve had no real trial by fire this world cup. tunisia, then panama, then a discreet tactical loss against belgium— they have not been tested.

other teams have been tested already and survived.

is that good because they’re not tired yet? is that bad because they haven’t performed together under pressue yet?

i don’t know. i haven’t seen them in qualifiers so i dont know how much practice together and how many obstacles they’ve faced.

but anyway i think that’s one element to consider besides the obvious good squad. how much of a team are they as a team? this world cup seems to be consistently breaking in favor of teams over stars.

i think denmark actually was a team today. they don’t have a lot of talent but they had decent cohesion and good fitness, and aaaaaaaaaaaaalmost beat the croatian stars. uruguay is a team, they beat cronaldo. france? brilliant players but i am not sure of their collective plan. belgium? we’ll see some day i guess—another untested so far. sweden? i did not get a chance to see them much, but looks like they might be a team given their silent but deadly (lol) record. england? i don’t know but they gotta show up on tuesday *as a team* or else.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|