View Single Post
Old 08.22.2017, 11:03 AM   #1592
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i

but yeah i always though that was the point of dr. who--ideas. ... when there's no spectacle one has to rely on actual ideas and imagination.

I'd never say DW's ever suffered from a shortage of imagination. As for ideas (by which I suppose you mean philosophical ideas) I'm not sure they've ever been central or dealt with particularly seriously. For me DW belongs to a different, more playful, eccentric kind of SF, that I associate with the likes of The Hitchhikers' Guide ..., Time Bandits, right back to proto-SF like Jules Verne; none of which were especially interesting from a philosophical pov. For me, the Doctor in his TARDIS probably has more in common with Captain Nemo in his Nautilus than Kirk in the Enterprise.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|