View Single Post
Old 08.21.2017, 10:16 AM   #1585
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

because it's a great show produced with very scarce means. made in the 70s with some shitty cardboard sets. whenever a roman emperor spoke to "a crowd" he's stand in a cardboard balcony speaking into the air and they'd overdub the roar of a crowd. hilarious.

but god damn great writing (based on a robert graves novel) and superb acting. highly watchable and addictive. check it out some time. also, upstairs downstairs (the original, not the modern reboot which was crap).

Yeah, I know the novel, but it's never occurred to me to watch the '70s BBC-er-whatever adaptation. I will though.

Also, don't think I've ever heard of upstairs downstairs, but I'll look into that as well.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|