View Single Post
Old 05.02.2007, 01:22 AM   #18
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
1. Tom Waits- I like him, but so do so damn many other people, I don't get "underappreciated" at all.
2. Replacements - Really two bands, before the major label deal and after. Before can't be appreciated enough, after was just coasting on the legend of the early records.
3. Cheap Trick - I think the world appreciates their best moments about right. It's not the world's fault they put out thousands of boring ass albums.
4. Sonic Youth - Underappreciated in record sales, otherwise pretty much revered. I suppose they're underappreciated by the dumbfuck posers at Pitchfork too, but that's probably a good thing.
5. Warren Zevon - I always hear this about him. Must be true. What I've heard, I didn't particularly appreciate one way or the other.
6. Big Star - Ding Ding! Yeah, they have legendary status now and everything, but they still constantly get overlooked, and their best moments (Sister Lovers) the most.
7. The Pharcyde - Weren't they massively popular while they were doing anything worth noticing?
8. Roxy Music - Less noticed and remembered than Bowie I suppose. Still, a pretty damn huge band.
9. Talking Heads - David Byrne was on the cover of Time Magazine at the peak of their popularity. They do seem a bit more forgotten than many of their contemporaries today though.
10. Bob Seger - Somebody really needs to be shot for suggesting this massively overplayed human bloat is anything but OVER appreciated!
11. Fugazi - Appreciated on their own terms.
13. The Cramps - Yeah, I can accept that one.
14. The New York Dolls - Again, it's all relative. Compared to KISS, who took their schtick and made millions, sure. Still, hard to think of legendary as "underappreciated".
15. The Band - I guess in an old hippie sort of way.
16. The Cars - Ridiculous. I don't hate them, but they have had no shortage of success or staying power.
17. Pogues - Yeah, I sort of see that, except that I've been around so many people who over appreciate them, that I forget that's not "normal".
18. Alice Cooper - His classics are classics, his legacy he destroyed all on his lonesome.
19. Dinosaur Jr - Yeah, probably.
20. Sleater-Kinney - Oh brother.
21. Husker Du - See the Replacements, same city, same story.
22. Devo - Just as stupid as saying the Cars are underappreciated.
23. Wilco - Aren't they totally huge?
24. Tom Petty - Sure, what he needs is to get played on the radio, tour with a few famous rock stars, and be in a supergroup with Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, and a Beatle, then he'll get the appreciation he deserves... Oh wait he's had all that, and for what?
25. Ween - I've never understood the fanatics, but surely their appreciation must make up for all of the rest of us.

Incredibly dumb list. There are thousands of incredibly great musicians out there who don't have a tenth the record sales, popularity, and critical acclaim of anyone on this list.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|