View Single Post
Old 06.15.2017, 06:31 PM   #147
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhb
For me, the musical content (mostly harmony, melody and rhythm) is more important than the aesthetic experience of the music (the artists background, context, image, attitude, possibly lyrics).

For this reason, while I wouldn't rate Coldplay as a favourite band (hence this thread), I can identify nice moments within their songs.

Those Coldplay chords are pretty interesting. They wrote an interesting melody that makes them sound like a folk song, when actually it's quite complex. You can't just strum some open chords on an acoustic guitar and write that. That's going to make me go "oh, interesting". The fact Coldplay did it isn't really going to concern me.

Radiohead isn't a favourite band either, but pretty much all their songs except "No Suprises" are pretty clever in a similar way.

Just explaining my position in a bland way because it seems to have provoked such bemusement

I think I view and listen to music in a similar way. It allows me to appreciate the nice moments regardless of context.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|