View Single Post
Old 02.01.2011, 08:31 PM   #37
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Let's just stfu shall we?

Let's talk about how remarkable Avril Lavigne's first 2 albums are instead.

Let Go is my personal favorite. Avril was so young, and refreshing at this point in her career. Complicated and Sk8r Boi took over the nation, and her grungey tomboy pop diva gimmick worked wonderfully. My favorite song by her is the 3rd single, Losing Grip, however. There are many, many hidden gems on this album, making it a frequent mustplay for me:

I'm With You - Avril's remarkable voice really shines on this track. Her performance is heartfelt, and the lyrics are touching.

Mobile - Extremely catchy, could have been a single.

Unwanted - Another favorite. This is a powerful track, possibly the "heaviest" on the album. Avril's voice shines once again, the hook is great, and the lyrics are very relatable.

Tomorrow - Beautiful tune. Makes me tear up at times. I play this one to death. Avril's voice is great. DeadDiscoDildo can suck it.

Anything But Ordinary - The lyrics are kind of stale at times, but who gives a fuck. Very catchy, nice melody driven by Avril's voice. I really like the production on this track.

Things I'll Never Say - The chorus to this one is so neat. Reminds me of Caterpillar by The Cure.... sorta, not really. Glice would probably do a better job at explaining it than I would. Very neat tune though, and it's quite different from anything she's ever done since.

Too Much To Ask - Sad song. Gets me emotionally, but not as hard as Tomorrow does. Catchy chorus.

Naked - Pretty standard tune. This one is cool because it makes you imagine Avril Lavigne naked, both literally and figuratively.

Why - Very unlike something that I'd enjoy. But this song is easily one of my favorites on the album. Very bare-bones production for a pop track. Chorus is great. Makes me feel like cuddling.

I pretty much love the entire album form start to finish. Even tracks that aren't necessarily my favorites like Sk8r Boi, and Nobody's Fool flow well with the album, at least.

-----

I have to prepare for the company I'm about to have. Expect an in-depth song review of Under My Skin soon. Hopefully Glice beats me to it, I remember that being his favorite.

Anyway, until then...

FUCK OFF H8R BOIZ!!!!!
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|