Thread: Kim Art Opening
View Single Post
Old 05.08.2010, 04:58 AM   #10
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Chloe would not have shown up if any of us had been invited and she's certainly more attractive than me..

I checked this out today at lunch, its an interesting show in a cool collectible bookshop - but this place has 60's radical journals instead of the usual 1st edition and 1700's folios I see in collector bookstores.

The Noise Paintings are, to me, harsh, ugly and abrasive. In the context of the noise 'scene' this makes them perfect. There is a painterly quality to them and a consistency to the images. I also think they're funny. Some other people liked them obviously; several have sold including the $10K Northampton Wools painting. As described, Kim also included some of her own books and mags and records - I kept thinking, 'Kim is cool'. Its that simple! I think I was mor eimpressed by the picture sleeve 7" for Waiting for the Man by ANdy Warhols Velvet Underground than anything. There was also many of Kim's other writings and publications displayed - she has like 5 art books out now. There was also a HUGE display of underground cassettes that would make any collector covet and drool.

Thanks for the descriptive review Tesla... I am green with envy.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|