View Single Post
Old 01.08.2017, 11:14 AM   #19
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I didnt know if he meant it is "free noise" or telling me it is "free, noise" haha

Describing RTJ as a "rock version of Queen" is what I was talking about. I just... I don't even know how to begin to make sense of that.

I'm assuming he meant "rap" instead of rock. A "rap" version of Queen. But still... what? When I think of RTJ in the context of other music, I think of Public Enemy, previous El-P related shit like Company Flow and Cannibal Ox, and maybe ... I don't know... fucking Hall and Oates or something. But Queen? ... Huh?

They're not trying to do too much. They're doing the same thing over and over with almost no stylistic detours or even pit stops. They're just over-marketing and plastering that dumb logo ("Hey I've got a chain," "Oh, cool, I can make a fun with my fingers!") all over the goddamn place.

It's just dense and heavy hip-hop, and angry, righteous political rapping. I don't even know the language one would use to compare RTJ to Queen.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|