View Single Post
Old 06.04.2011, 06:47 AM   #56
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
From the standpoint of someone who has played in a few bands I doubt anyone doing weird shot is making a living at it so the idea of "taking food out of their mouths" is a bit of an oversimplification. Look at Yes for example, they went broke buying Wakeman all those synthesizers and fortunately reaped the rewards (rightly so because Yes are fucking awesome) but no one has the money for this sort of thing. I'd like to think that, for a lot of bands I love me buying their record at least helps keep them in the black, it's actually pretty scary to see how easily you can find ANY record you want with a google search and 2 minutes of waiting from rapidshare. I'd like to think that by actually purchasing albums when Mark McGuire needs a new effect pedal he's not putting it on his credit card or or the dude in Portal can afford to have his amp retubed. Silly stuff man, or is it? I mean Sonic Youth can afford their mortgages and whatnot but that's becoming a genuine rarity......
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|