View Single Post
Old 06.18.2015, 05:51 PM   #1056
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ps- i made the mistake of starting to listen to the whole "college dropout" album and i ended up turning off that disco shit midway

Ok, well, since every album is so different, maybe you could listen to at least a few tracks from each album.

I know those first two records don't really sound like "best shit ever" material to a lot of folks. And while I think they're great, I also know that they're hip hop records, and that they don't really blow you away. Graduation is the high point of the first era. A perfect hip hop album.

The real "wow, best shit ever material shows up on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and is hinted at and toyed with on 808's & Heartbreak. These albums transcend the genre, as do Watch the Throne, Yeezus and even Cruel Summer. If you're interested in hearing the stuff that really blows the roof off of contemporary music, you'll probably want to put in the effort to listen to these albums.

Everyone should hear My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy from start to finish.

But do what you want. Just let me know if you ever listen to Runaway or the rest of MBDTF. I'm dying to know what you'd think. Seriously!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|