View Single Post
Old 03.07.2014, 09:20 AM   #79
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
No, but when people have kids and are married they should prioritize their kids. Too many people are just fucking selfish, just looking out for themselves, meanwhile their children suffer the consequences.. I don't think people should force themselves to say married, but if they have kids, and in particular have been married for several years, including several years of their kids' life, they should work at it.

Just a note. None of our grandparents who were married for 50 or 60 years had perfect marriages, or were perfect people, or were always head over heels in love. They did the fucking WORK it takes to make a marriage last, they also FORGAVE each other of their mutual mistakes and shortcomings, and MADE it work for their kids. AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU JADED TROLLS OR UPTIGHT QUASI-FEMINISTS HAVE TO FUCKING SAY ABOUT IT, PEOPLE WHO SACRIFICE THEMSELVES FOR THEIR CHILDREN AND THEIR MARRIAGE ARE ADMIRABLE PEOPLE. A million times more impressive than any of us low-life fucks around here

You seem to be an intelligent dude who puts a lot of effort into what he's posting on here, but sometimes i wonder what's going on in your head.

I come from a highly dysfunctional but "intact" family. The only divorce has been that of my father and mother (not counting my fathers other 3 divorces). It's weird, although my mother is still really heartbroke that my father left her, it was for the best. I mean, he went on to marry the daughter of Gaston Glock, became gun lobbyist and died from a heart-attack when he was a 55 years old alcoholic. He was a horrible person before divorce too.
My grandparents (both sides) were married for about 60 years and had unbelievably dispassionate relationships (ok, also they were nazis, with the males fighting for Third Reich in Russia and Poland).
Guess what, every single child out these two marriages is seriously fucked up one way or another: one aunt being a schizophrenic who isn't able to live on her own, one aunt being a catholic saint zombie, a rich uncle who lives in a fucking castle and won't talk to anyone from the family because he's afraid his rich friends will find out he's from a poor farmers family, my mother being depressed all the time living with a man now for 10 years that she doesn't even remotely like... And their kids (coming from intact marriages, with me and my siblings being the exception) are fucked up beyond belief too (with me and my siblings not being exception).

Maybe this an extreme case, i don't really know, but tons of my friends come from similar families.
And some have divorced parents who managed to do a great job with raising their kids.
Some married couples are doing a great job with their kids.

Ultimately, why the hell do you believe that marriage is the important factor for love, respect and the way to raise kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deat_beat_descendant
we're all trapped in a realm of sex and death, blind genetic replicators trying to cancel themselves out using our bodies as their puppets - judgement or condemnation will not suffice to bring anybody clarity. the bacterial ooze that we are descended from has no knowledge of morality. let us rejoice in the pursuit of extinction, for it is the only respite for we the diseased and broken toys known as homo sapiens.

valie export

Sonic Gail,
glad to hear you're doing good!
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|