View Single Post
Old 11.11.2012, 10:37 AM   #16414
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

This movie had a lot to offer, but I think the last scene ruined it for me. It just didn't fit, and was not appropriate for the style of the film. They could have maintained the true-to-life human quality of the story by making the "climax" more subtle and less of a goddamn spectacle.

There were also some plot elements that didn't really make sense in the end; things that went unexplained, which the viewer is left to guess about. Like, why did he lie about Belinda? Why was it so important for him to do what he was doing, especially if his story didn't line up? Did he just want to go back so he could not be a retard?

And how did Darius's mother die? I think that the story would have benefitted from his having something to do with that.

98% of the film was very good, though.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|