View Single Post
Old 01.27.2011, 06:53 PM   #202
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
My ears are my truth when it comes to audio and nothing more and when i'm sending files they are thoroughly checked by near and mid field monitors before sending.

What I meant is how you can be sure the file they "get" is the same one you "send" (you=not just you, but anyone who may be afraid of potential corruption/glitches/wathever in a digital file).
As far as I know, the only way to find out for sure is a bit for bit (bit per bit sounded a bit too "latin" , dunno if it's the correct terminology..) comparison...
See where I'm headed?

bit for bit comparison = proof that 2 files are identical=you know your file is the same the client got

wav vs flac (encoded from that wav + decoded back to wav) bit comparison = proof that flac is actually lossless, in every aspect (again, forgive my lame lexicon tonight)

This does not mean you can't hear differences etc (see "bottom line" in my previous post, I need some sleep now...).
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|