View Single Post
Old 05.31.2008, 09:44 PM   #15
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, PG definitely had a way with song titles. I remember contemplating getting Groovy Hate fuck before ever actually hearing them and being swayed by the cover (which just looked brilliantly wrong) and the track listing. Any album that can boast Kill Yourself and I Just Wanna Die is always gonna be a pretty strong purchase option in my mind.

That I got home after staring weirdly at the cover on the train just to discover that the actual songs were even better than their titles was way beyond the realms for me ... I was in fantasy land, lemme tell ya.

Remember hearing Car Fantasy and just thinking to myself, is this allowed?!? I bought a bass pretty much immediately afterwards. which is weird considering they never had a bass player in the first place. Maybe I was unconsciously jostling for potential membership of the PG party. Although I also remember being tempted after hearing the JAMC (my other faves at the time). But it was PG that really did it for me, and are in many ways the band responsible for the car wreck of a person writing this very post.

And the nice thing is, is that unlike the JAMC, PG are still my go-to band when I'm in the mood for some hot rock action, when I can't find my action swingers albums that is.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|