View Single Post
Old 04.22.2016, 01:49 PM   #14
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Prince was one of a kind. He never watered it down for the suckas. He never veered from his own internal beliefs and ideals for his music.

The REAL rock stars are all dying. That era is indeed over.
I don't think he was a "sell out" but i disagree with you here. I think that what made Prince so brilliant was that like MJ he had his finger constantly on the pulse of what was popular and what people liked. However unlike MJ, Prince was perhaps one of the most talented and crafter musicians ever and so could create the actual instrumentation that would have his art reflect popular tastes.

The pure genius of Prince's art was his ability to merge his own sense of artistic vision with pop music and popular tastes. He never compromised BUT he was definitely flexible to creating music that people would want to hear. Some artists are brilliant because their original art creates something new that people have never ever heard and they likeit. But that is hit or miss. Other artist's genius is being able to merge their own original art with the sounds people already like. Ithink Prince mastered that more than anyone ever could

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|