View Single Post
Old 06.19.2015, 10:08 PM   #1069
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Whoops I think I mixed up my "Diamonds..." and recommended the comparatively vapid version. Hmm. You guys know the one I mean.

NR: nice little write up of MBDTF, man. I feel like we have a really similar understanding of what the album is about, and that makes me think that it's tapping into some archetypal shit. That there's a universality to it all, and that this is why songs like Runaway and Blame Game come off as more sad and mournful and desperate than chauvinistic.

Also, I agree with your 808's breakdown. For a long time it felt like Kanye's "crossover" pop icon album... Like his version of Michael Jackson or Prince. But the more time goes by the more I hear echoes of post punk and synth, and definitely industrial. I feel like the "Love will tear us apart" comparison is particularly apt. Nailed it, bro.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|