View Single Post
Old 04.24.2010, 01:50 PM   #38
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
those whining definitions are not necessarily selling out as much as artists growing or changing direction, but often times money can be involved. There are varying degrees in this, you can be both authentically growing and progressing as an artist but also merging selling out into as you gain mainstream following..

generally, the passion is the key. if folks make money at being passionate and artistic, no doubt, let it be blessed, so long as they let the art make the money, and not the money make the art. personally, I prefer art that is free and less corrupted by money, though in the end it is always about money isn't it...

I think sometimes we forget that music isn't always considered "art". It's also a form of entertainment, sometimes more so. And I don't think that's a bad thing, necessarily.

I wasn't refering to artists being whiney. I meant the listeners. But, whatever, I know what you're saying and I agree.
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|