View Single Post
Old 10.20.2009, 08:04 PM   #8
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
The three Australian bands mentioned above are defintely three of the best. Eddy Currents first album is definitely one of my favourites of the 2000's. Some other Australian stuff....

Useless Children, great thrashy, rockin' punk with some darker moments and Wipers-y guitar bits. They've got a female drummer/vocalist whose an fkn' animal.

Royal Headache are the buzz around town in Sydney. In a city that's been plagued by bands that wanna give Nick Cave a blowjob and too cool for school neo-shoegaze/psych sunglasses at night BS their personable, everymans punk/power pop is really urgent and neccessary. Master for their first 7" should be off to the pressing plant next week!

The UV Race the most loveable rock band down under. Parts KBD, Dangerhouse LA punk and 60's garage stompers. Great simple so-dumb-they're-smart songs. No proper myspace, go to the S-S Records website, there's samples of their 7" on there (including their song about M*A*S*H). They're got a very entertaining blog... http://www.theuvrace.blogspot.com/

The Kitchen's Floor album "Loneliness Is A Dirty Mattress" is probably my favourite of this year. Maybe a bit baised as I do the label that put it out.... http://www.myspace.com/ripsocietyrecords . Also check out the Circle Pit tracks off their 1st 7" on their, a much more blown affair. They've got an album recorded that's yet to be released I think a lot of people will really dig.