View Single Post
Old 03.29.2006, 02:37 PM   #4
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
First things first, close those damn borders. geez..11 or 12 million illegals is enough, i would think. Security. Don't treat them as felons and kick them out, but they have to file for proper citizenship or else they're out..maybe have a time frame in which they have to follow these procedures...and no automatic benefits of cititzenship until they're in the system, documented, accounted for. It's wrong that illegals expect U.S rights at our cost. No temp worker bs, that's just a clusterfuck. i don't know how much i buy the old argument of jobs americans won't do..it's true to an extent, but...i think it perpetuates letting them in illegally, taking U.S jobs, and paying them nothing.

It takes 4 years to become an American Citizen after filing and going through the process. What do we do with those who are already in the country? You brought up the idea that they should "file for proper citizenship or else...", what do we do with those who are already in the country who are made to file today? Do they have to go through the process just like those who are in line to become citizens legally? Or are they granted citizenship automatically? If they're not granted citizenship automatically, then are they given green cards/work permits automatically? If they are granted citizenship automatically, what message is being sent to those who go through the process legally?

I'll state my stance in a moment. I'm just trying to get people thinking about all the angles because IMO this issue is extremely delicate and much more complex than it seems.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|