View Single Post
Old 04.03.2016, 06:32 AM   #2
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
I'm gonna see it. And you sort of can't make a Civil War movie without Spider-Man. He was a major player in the comics and his role in the grand scheme was basically the emotional balance of the narrative. I actually like Spider-Man as a character. But I know that he will just make a tiny cameo in the movie iteration of Civil War.

Never really cared much for Cap. He was very likeable in the Civil War comics though. Not gonna spoiler anything, but there's a pivotal moment where he has a conversation with Spider-Man and I thought it was some of the best writing I had witnessed in a comic book up to that point. This again is something that will probably not translate to the movie as it is decidedly on a smaller scale than the events depicted in the comics. But yeah, I don't care much for Chris Evans I guess. He didn't really have much of an impact on me. I liked The Winter Soldier, but for other reasons than Cap himself. It was just a tightly directed conspiratorial thriller.

As for Stark - Yeah, in the comics he's a real fascist. But once again - I don't think the movie will quite pick up all those vibes. Movie Tony Stark/Iron Man is actually quite likeable due to RDJ's powerhouse performance. And I don't think Marvel's gonna risk portraying him as the fascist tyrant he was in the comics. At least not quite to the same extent. I thought it was a weird move to make this part of the Cap-series as well. Civil War was probably the biggest event in the history of Marvel - a standalone Cap movie just didn't seem like the right format to tackle this issue. Then again, what is? It would make for a great series though. There'd be more time to develop things naturally, just like in the source material. And we're currently experiencing a revolution of the small screen. Production values have increased - a lot of series have proper cinematography, tight writing and an overall visual appeal that is very reminiscent of feature-length blockbusters. I could imagine Civil War as a kickass series.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|