View Single Post
Old 06.19.2013, 08:04 PM   #3212
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, definitely an exciting game with loads of goals and crazy decisions but I wasn't that impressed with Japan. They just showed (as we already knew) that they're a far better team than they showed against Brazil. And it's impossible to know what to make of Italy from one game to the next. They have a habit of late of doing pretty well in tournaments without ever seeming particularly convincing.

I'm not sure if I'll bother with Spain v Tahiti tomorrow. Tahiti's coach is quoted as saying that if Spain score 20 goals, he'll be happy if Tahiti score 1. Group B looks like it'll be decided mainly on who scores most against them. How on earth did they even make the tournament in the first place? I didn't even know Tahiti had a football team. Nigeria v Uruguay looks like it could be great though.

As for Neymar's theatrics, nobody likes it, obviously, but it's now so endemic that anyone that bothered about it would almost have to stop watching football altogether, at least at the top level. You're right though, it's definitely more blatant in La Liga than it is in some other leagues. But it's everywhere to some degree, and I wouldn't say Neymar's up there with the very worst. Although I'm sure when he arrives at Barcelona, Busquets and Jordi Alba will get him up to speed with a crash course in the thespian arts. (I read a joke on a Real fan forum that Barca are looking to replace Villa Nova with Pedro Almodovar)
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|