View Single Post
Old 01.24.2016, 08:11 PM   #47741
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
JAMC used to bore me a little too. I get that. Honestly I really wanted all of their music to be as grand and epic yet still searingly loud as "Just Like Honey." It took me a while to see the charm of their music. Much like Spiritualized and Spacement 3, there's a lot of "sameness" to JAMC, and at first it can sound a bit plodding. But soon I started to hear the Beach Boys in their music, drowning in an ocean of reverb, and that just fascinated me.

So even though a lot of their music sounds the same, it doesn't matter because the music's awesome. Awesome + awesome = MORE awesome.

But they're also one of those bands that I like to hear build a song up out of and alternate takes (like the Lips in the '80s and early '90s). A lot of the songs start out with the same elements but end up working on totally different levels. I think this is why I like listening to the Power of Negative Thinking and Barbed Wite Kisses and 21 singles. I like hearing the JAMC process.

Kickass fuckin' rock band man.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|