Thread: Houston
View Single Post
Old 09.28.2017, 07:42 PM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Yesterday was four weeks of being displaced from our home.
Still living with my dad's sister in Nederland (64.5 inches)
i hope she's fun like auntie mame! xD

so what's the outlook? have you been to the place? is it fixable? what's the plan?

and how are you managing? i really appreciated your post from some weeks ago when you expressed gratitude instead of feelings of doom, and you were determined to prevail, as you said.

so... i don't know if you want to hear my story, or if you could profit from it, but i've gone from a 3-bedroom-plus-basement to a 1 bedroom to a cabin in the sticks in the past decade. and it's really great!

now utilities are low, cleaning is a breeze, and i don't miss the endless "can't part with" possessions. i realized after a while that i needed much less to live than i ever imagined. that's freed up a bunch of money and labor. even my furniture is lightweight these days-- i could move out of the house in a day. (i know some people might thing this is a joke--but i'm not joking! minimalism has its delights.)

and sure, not everybody *wants* to travel light through life, and eventually become some sort of monk like i do, but everything in this life is temporary after all, so a little practice goes a long way, even if it's just an exercise.

alright! i wish you that you make the best of whatever life deals you. i'm sure you will! but keep us posted.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|