View Single Post
Old 06.28.2016, 06:12 PM   #311
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Her fiery denunciation of Trump. Obviously she's not wrong, but her snarky tone caught me off guard. The old Elizabeth would've been above such things. She's a damn fine mudslinger, but I'm surprised she slings mud at all.

I actually love that she stands up to the bully. There's a time to be meek and there's a time to be tough. Nobody wants a meek fucking leader. I want a leader who can kick the enemy's ass.

Actually in New Mexico we have this shitbird governor Susana Martinez who beat her Democrat opponent because (in my opinion) the stupid Democrat presented herself as some benevolent abuelita giving hugs to the poor. Seriously, she had a commercial hugging some poor people like she was the Virgin Mary or something. HORRIBLE. I won't look up that video but here's a basic photo:

Winner left, loser right:

A warrior for the poor would have been much better than a hospice nurse. The repuke claimed to stand up against corruption. This is her second term.

So-- I love to see Warren battering the shit out of bullyboy Trump. SHE'S GREAT.

Quote:
Policy-wise, I have actually been a little afraid to dig into her Senate record, so no substance for you!

here's the lazy way out:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...izabeth_Warren

this isn't her voting record obviously but links to sources are there

Quote:
Why, has she done something laudable in her time in the Senate?

the senate is a deliberative body--not a place for great heroics. but i think she stands out as a voice for reasonable centrist policies that are in these corporate-rule times branded as "progressive"

Quote:
Look, I like her fine. If she's the VP pick I might even get off my ass and canvass. It's just that you wrote how much you liked her ("She's fucking great") and I thought, perhaps patronizingly, "Oh no. I hope he doesn't get his heart broken."

ha ha ha! this black lump of coal no longer breaks

Quote:
And I'm also thinking, "Yeah, I think she's fucking great too, but maybe I shouldn't think that about any politician."

it's not the person, but what they stand for. she's not a yellow dog democrat. she has a long history of looking out for the middle class, or should i say, trying to keep people in it. she used to run a financial counseling center i believe when she was a prof. she championed bankruptcy protection since way before she was a politician-- that was her area of research. she's the architect of the consumer protection bureau (she was blocked by repukes from running it). she wrote the best/easiest/smartest personal finance book there is-- she's really smart, not just charismatic.

Quote:
I'm guessing that in his mind, the position went from a "calling" to a "job," and doesn't nearly every job have its drawbacks?
right. the best that we can expect from a politician is that they do a good job. just like a plumber or a dentist.

speaking of which-- i love how elizabeth warren does a great job of making trump foam at the mouth

SHE'S GREAT
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|