View Single Post
Old 06.22.2013, 08:33 AM   #566
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I disagree. I think that the only "bad" project he did in the past 10 ten years was that Dr Octagon revival which was clearly a bad attempt and some kind of commercial revival. The reality of Kool Keith is that dude is meant and I dare say DESTINED to remain perpetually underground. His hip hop is art, but without being that contrived "art-rap" like Andre 3000 fiascos.

Dr Dooom 2/Diesel Truckers/Thee Undatakerz/Mr Nogatco/even Tashan Dorrsett have all been solid Kool Keith material, just not quite as popularly received as the first Doc Oc was in like 1998. I don't think Keith ever WANTED to be famous or celebrity or even popular so much as successful, and in that regard, the brother is making a living recording music and performing stage shows. I think he ain't complainin though I heard he was hinting about "retiring" which in Kool Keith world probably means inventing yet another character to rap as

you're basically just agreeing with the ones I said were good though. What about Personal Album, White Label, Lost Tapes 1-3... all pretty bad.

Like I said, I love the guy and am always interested. But I'm not going to pretend I think every album is solid.