Thread: The Eternal
View Single Post
Old 05.09.2010, 06:32 PM   #47
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
No way is it mediocre; I think it's one of their best start to finish. Personally, The Eternal and the last two records (Sonic Nurse and Rather Ripped) I see as three of their strongest records, but not many agree.

Tangent aside, I think many here enjoy The Eternal, it's just ironic the actual SY gossip section is generally the least active section on this forum. People are too busy talking about other bands in the non-SY sounds or random tibets in the other section to discuss The Eternal.

~Jeremy~
3 of their strongest? That is strange... What abt DDN, CIS + KYI and BMR? Their early output was the most influential and had the biggest cultural impact; in that it really changed American culture, and to a certain extent; the culture of the world at large... They were that important... Now, I see them making The Eternal, and the hunger in me is gnawing again, like it did in 1990-1991; for that kick, that jam, that fuzz, that dangerous, animal sound... The Eternal is like an appetizer; I feel, and all those Estatic Peace records, and those new hip hop records...; I hope they can lead out to something really kick ass...

I really feel that The Eternal is a marker of sorts, an epochal marker for the state of 'popular' and 'rock' music; where a turning point, or even a boiling point is within the horizon, and all these disparate elements are converging together at some unidentifiable (to me) point at the near-far horizon...

And when it does come; The Eternal will probably be one of the indicators and markers of that paradigm shift... Just sayin'