View Single Post
Old 06.05.2013, 03:58 AM   #46154
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_ladyland
I just think Jason is a first rate songwriter
he was a brilliant songwriter, but he lost it somewhere around amazing grace I think. his songs just became painfully clichéd, to the point where sweet heart sweet light was one of the worst albums I've ever heard. I find his self-pity to be nauseating, and the fact that he's been basing his songs around the same subject matter for over 25 fucking years just leaves me confused. I mean, kember's just been rehashing honey over and over since the end of spacemen 3 but at least spectrum isn't as irritatingly contrived in how self-effacing it is. it's not really j's fault though, he's just been aggrandized by a lot of his bedwetter fans. spiritualized were always much better in their more loose, illusory phase (inception --> ladies and gentlemen...), so I was so glad to hear that they've apparently moved back into free jazz on the new record.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|