View Single Post
Old 11.09.2006, 03:31 PM   #7
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinrecluse
how was the show last night? what songs were played?

It was ok, I had to force myself to go out with the lousy weather. Zaimph replaced GHQ as opener which I was a little bummed but even on her own Marsha builds a dense ear crushing drone from layered and sampled vocs and guitar, for about 20 minutes. Within 10 minutes WW was on the stage, his wife sang a couple tunes with him but mostly it was him and his guitar, playing mostly songs from a new album he said (not sure which new album he means), he's really become an amazingly confident and skilled songwriter since I'd see him playing in the Golden Calves, and I think "singer/songwriter" is a curse, so thats high praise from me. I do prefer him playing with the bigger ensembles, vs the solo thing. The Charalambides started with Tom playing some free guitar while Cristina sang, then they did what I think was a Cat Power cover, then Cristina started playing guitar and the two went into some long instrumental nuttiness, and then she ended up singing/yelling trying to keep up with Tom's really loud guitar. But there was a lot of bleed thru from the other spaces during this set that was distracting, not sure how the recording will turn out. Would have been a perfect lineup at Tonic...or the Issue Project Room. At any rate it was a good night and early, out of there by 10:30. Did you see the wallingford show?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|