View Single Post
Old 11.30.2011, 11:55 PM   #21
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69

If you aren't trying to innovate new sounds, why the fuck are you bothering?

im not too crazy about this pressure that if something isnt new than it isnt worth a damn. not everything has to be innovative to be good. sometimes people should focus a lot more of their efforts in doing something thats good rather than just something that is innovative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
My advice is ... JUST MAKE NOISE. Jesus Christ, how hard can it be. NO need to intellectualize it. Just make noize, record it, and exploit the best parts that you feel are special to you. Eventually something idiosyncratic will develope from the mess. The more unrecognizable, the better.

First thing I did when I got a guitar was make noise/feedback. Remeber, Sonic Youth didn't use effect pedals until ...what.. like Goo or something, So keep that in mind.

You can always get a sampler, record shit, and mix it into one sprawling mess.

i also disagree with you. even if the music you are making is simple, you should still work for it. i dont think that the point of noise is to just make noise, but to rather achieve certain sounds that sound noisy, if that makes any sense.
i would say that getting to know your instrument and its capabilities is a good way to start rather than just bashing it. that is not to say that you should be technically good, but i do think that it is worth it to practice different things, get to know what creates certain sounds. for instance, that playing a minor second (or major seventh) or a tritone will give you the most dissonant sounds on guitar. or finding out where on your guitar the overtones are the most sustained and create feedback the quickest.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|