View Single Post
Old 04.06.2010, 12:44 PM   #19
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
oh it's not that I didn't like it, I just was dissappointed. I guess in fairness to Rae, I would have liked the album slightly more had it been called ANY OTHER TITLE other than a sequel to CUBAN LINX. I've written very long and possibly boring rants about the ridiculous perfection of CUBAN LINX. The plot, the pacing, the production, the importance of using characters and the roles that these characters play throughout the album.

As a sequel, CL2 is just not there. It's just not even close. It's a fine album on it's own made of up of GOOD songs with GOOD lyrics and GOOD beats. But it's just NOT even close to the original and the CHINESE DEMOCRACY/DETOX waiting game that led up to it only made that more glaring. But by promising a sequel he forced me (or other listeners I'm sure) to compare the two records, and EXPECT something of the same calibur.

Cuban Linx is a 5/5. This is a... um 3.5/5? Which is certainly not bad. But disappointing if you were expecting another 5/5.