View Single Post
Old 04.07.2006, 08:34 AM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I have lots of Indian music but can never remember any of the names. I recommend living in an area with an Indian population and asking in the local 'we sell everything and there is no way to move in the shop for all the things we sell' shop and asking them if they have any Indian music. They will then offer you a crap Bollywood CD to which you say, "I was looking for the more... um... classical side of things" after which he will offer you a CD on German label by someone with a name which has a minimum of 48 letters which will be excellent.

Strange how this is exactly the ritual every time.

I think Indian classical is one of those genres where you can pick up pretty much anything and it'll be good - my rationale is that by the time it travels overseas, it has to be one of the better musicians for it to warrant going overseas. I believe this is true of most Asian classical music I have, apart from some very cheap and dodgy Japanese flute music I have.

Regarding Uke, again, a couple of charity shop cheap as conkers Hawaiin [sp?] LP's should see you right (I have about five, all of which are ace-core).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|