Thread: Blood Brothers
View Single Post
Old 01.21.2007, 03:50 AM   #50
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhavalon
People either love love love them or hate them...
I didn't like them at first, but I listened to Burn, Piano Island, Burn and got really into them and listened to them all summer.
I've never seen them live! Every time they come home, I can never get to the show, it's a bummer. I hear the bass player lives in my neighborhood, though...

Huh, for some reason, I don't qualify for either extreme. I watched a bit of them while hanging out backstage at the Trail of Dead show in Portland (Conrad is an old school friend of mine from Oly, and my wife actually played in the earliest version of TOD, though I only sort of like them musically, too polished overall for my tastes) and I liked them (Blood Brothers) o.k., but I kind of got bored. A lot of energy and all, but it never quite pulled me in. They were definitely the "rock stars" of the whole set of bands, hanging out mostly with themselves and seemingly doing harder drugs (the exception being the drummer who socialized almost completely with the other bands and in fact joined Celebration during their set).

I was completely blown away by Celebration, however, so maybe it just comes down to the type of music one gets into.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|