View Single Post
Old 05.03.2006, 09:33 PM   #23
samrago
little trouble girl

samrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's assessamrago kicks all y'all's asses
ok, here's the answer.

despite what stephen thomas erlewine or pitchfork may say, The Queen is Dead is not the best album. the first one is. the Hatful songs are better than the original versions (even occasionally "This Charming Man"). Still Ill is their best song, period (especially with the harmonica on Hatful). Paint a Vulgar Picture is probably my second favourite song, and I REALLY like Strangeways a whole lot. I kind of wish someone would vote that one.

and if anybody wants to talk bootlegs, then I endorse Thank Your Lucky Stars. superb. honestly, I only listen to the first three songs, which I consider the finest track sequencing in their whole catalogue, if not in any band's catalogue. they work so well off each other, but then completely blows their load when they proceed with There is a Light. also there's the miserable security guards to enjoy there as well.

I feel as the universe unfolds and people become obsessive enough and start really listening, they would come to the same conclusion. trust me, I've spent too many lonely nights in my room to not know this.
samrago is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|