View Single Post
Old 05.30.2006, 05:57 PM   #18
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I really liked it at the time, and I wasn't that aware of some of the names on three...

It's not genius though. It's a brilliant, outstanding gesture, and something that utterly solidifies their connection to the contemporary stuff, and as far as taking their fans to new places, there's not a band of their stature, ever, who have made such a brilliant move.

However, relative to a more 'tutored' group doing a lot of the things, I don't think it's that great. There are better, far, far better recordings of the pieces by Cage, Tenney and Wolff. Especially the Cage pieces, they just do not by any means have the subtlety to pull off this kind of stuff.

Nonetheless, a wonderful idea and very well delivered considering they're an untutored rock band (albeit one of more the errant of rock bands in operation today).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|