View Single Post
Old 04.12.2010, 10:42 PM   #28
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
is that considered a lot of money? just asking.

I've saved $20,000 working part time in 4 1/2 years, living at home but paying half the bills, and at one point being sued for $600. So, yeah, it adds up, if you're smart with your money (and you don't buy a bunch of bullshit). And yeah I'd say, when minimum wage here is like $6.75, it's a decent amount... especially for what you're doing.

The wage cap is like $17, but they add onto it every year. Seriously, if I was making $17 to stock shelves, I think that'd be pretty badass.

To me, college.. I respect people who go, don't get me wrong.. but college is kinda pointless for a lot of people, unless it's something you're really interested in. Ultimately, unless you go to be a doctor or a lawyer, you're probably just going to end up getting a job you like a little bit more than working at Wal-Mart, making a dollar or two more starting out. Case in point, my exgirlfriend got a chemistry degree, got a job at a lab, and made WAY less than me, with no chance of every catching up to me, paywise, even though she had to have a degree to get that job... but she still enjoyed it.

Ultimately, I think anything you are patient with -- saving money, going to school, playing music, whatever -- will eventually pay off. As long as you work hard at, and long enough with, anything.. you'll eventually get something out of it, unless you're a complete moron. I know people with jobs making way more than me, who's mommy and daddies paid their way through everything in life (note that I've never had any help in my entire life, had to steal and sell shit to get anything I wanted, or find other creative ways to get money, and I had to buy my own clothes, my own car, etc... no help from hardly anyone, ever), who have ran up shittons of credit cards, who have NOTHING to show for their lives. Also note that I gave $2000 to my mom last year because an old credit card caught up to her. I told her not to pay me back... I mean, I have more money than I know what to do with, literally, because I reached a point a few years back where I realized that I have literally everything I want. A guitar, some movies, some cd's, a camera, and my laptop, everything else can fuck the fuck off, and I've sold/given away EVERYTHING I'VE EVER OWNED in the past couple years, for cheap, to everyone.

So, yeah, I'm unhappy in life, I'm working for absolutely nothing now, there's nothing I want, even though I could do anything I want, and I'm glad my parents never gave me shit because it's made me smarter and more frugal. But I'm still unhappy.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|