View Single Post
Old 10.13.2016, 03:11 PM   #1210
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
thanks

and from what i've read (reviews anyway, will check out the library soon) he places the blame squarely on his people

e.g. hating the government and abusing food stamps at the same time

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cul...r-white-people

here is a great in-depth review (with extensive quotes) which I found interesting.. it seems the text goes back and forth between apologizing and analyzing, but that is understandable considering its an autobiographical narrative and frankly few white people have the balls to channel their inner Tim Wise and take all the blame without any scapegoating.

I am quasi-interested in this book after reading the quotes, I think I like the premise more so than what the text actually seems to be. I don't need to read about poor white people to learn who they are, i have some experience

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|