View Single Post
Old 02.06.2009, 03:25 PM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I never said it was deep. And 9 years later I still love it. Beautiful film. It's trashy and hilarious and violent and never takes itself seriously. It never adds up to anything. It's like a John Waters movie for the 21st century, and it reminds me a lot of the trashy 80's films I love like Liquid Sky. The penis cutting with the strobe light at the end is actually really disturbing. And driving into the sunset, listening to Slowdive, is indescribably beautiful. Not every film has to have a "point". As long as a film is entertaining and funny, what else does it need?

I think he refined a lot of the techniques he used in the Doom Generation for Nowhere which is about a hundred times more beautiful and disturbing, especially that fucking ending! But yeah I'm a big Araki fan, he really knew what he was doing.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|