View Single Post
Old 12.14.2016, 12:26 PM   #48344
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
I completely view them the same way. And I think it's a very fair mindset, honestly. MM was never the same band at all after Jeremiah's departure, even if just temporary. And yes, something "off" was already happening in the chemistry just before that.

I will always claim that Eric Judy's bass playing is some of the most underrated in all of music. He always has and always will be one of my favorites.

Oh shit, I agree! And Brock's guitar work was excellent. He played very well, like a self-taught, Saint-influenced Doug Martsch with no interest in heroics. He was one of the few people in the late '90s indie who made interesting guitar sounds.
Judy was an is a great player. They were tremendous early on, and they brought things to a boil on Lonesome Crowded West, which is really one of the darkest and most intense albums of its time.

But that band died. I used to love them with an almost Sonic Youth-like intensity. Now I mourn them when I think of them at all. But none of that changes the strength of their early output.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|