View Single Post
Old 03.21.2012, 05:26 PM   #206
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_pl
This record isn't that interesting as I thought it will be. I kinda forgot about it after few listens, but still there's one highlight "Xtina as I knew her". And again John Agnello's production... it's boring, that's why Thurston's Demolished Thoughts is much better and fresher than Lee's Between the Times and the Tides.

I'd be happy if someone after listening will write an objective opinion. Not fan's praise.

Anyway here's Pitchofork's review, with which I kinda agree: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...and-the-tides/

The thing about that website is that if, for instance, "Xtina" was the only Lee track on a new Sonic Youth album, they'd say it was the stand-out and give the album an 8.2. Pitchfork is a yeast infection. But I have to say I'm surprised they aren't praising the album.

As for Lee vs. Thurston, I think Thurston's album would have been better if it had been more electric, but as of now I prefer Tide.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|