View Single Post
Old 03.18.2007, 03:07 PM   #59
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Keiji Haino is a virtuosic musician; he can play it straight with the best of them, and simply chooses not to a great deal of the time. He does do the occasional "jazz" set on guitar, and he definitely knows the instrument inside and out. I hardly think anyone who can play for 12-18 hours straight at the age of 50+ can be called either a "wimp" or a "poseur." Fushitsusha definitely made some of the darkest and heaviest music I have ever heard. I'm pretty sure Haino steers clear of the drugs too, but drug use or non-use matters little to me.

Haino shits on everyone. There's a four-bar passage on the live video where he plays this entirely straight, proper old-school, Zep-esque metal 'lick' that confirmed exactly what you're saying. It's a 3 1/2 octave run, five times, in 7 (or probably more, I forget) positions at lightening speed, utterly sick. And then he goes back to the excruciating thing that we all know and love him for.

I reckon a mention of Wagner and Mahler can't go awry at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|