Thread: the other news
View Single Post
Old 12.16.2019, 10:53 AM   #716
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I agree. It's increasingly difficult to see any common identity or shared interests anymore. The political class in England remain dead against it but I'd say most people in England really couldn't care less if Wales, Scotland and NI went their own way.
They definitely don't care, it's all to do with the establishment ruling Scotland, Wales and NI with an iron fist and ignoring the fact that they're out of touch with the needs and wants of these specific countries. Fully agreed with what you said actually.

Tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
With the Lib Dems collapsing and the Tories edging further to the Right there's a vacuum now at the centre that Labour could easily fill. The obvious choice as Corbyn's replacement if the want to try and reclaim that centre is Keir Starmer but I can see the Momentum influence within the party backing Angela Rayner or Rebecca Long-Bailey, which will only see them going even further down the rabbit hole.

There's a vacuum precisely because there's no desire for the centre, proven by the first two things you said. Also interesting that despite the insanely poor number of seats, Corbyn still had a bigger vote share than Brown and Miliband (the remnants of years of Blairism). And the election two years ago returned Labour to the 40% vote share range, first time since Blair's landslide '97 election. The policy platform clearly works on the public when broken down, it is a matter of a change of strategy in how to execute and a fresher face without the political and smearable baggage of the older Corbyn crowd.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|