View Single Post
Old 11.11.2010, 09:16 PM   #59
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
I think you mean without black people. Not "US" don't say us, you didn't do it.

African Americans...I like to think they think of themselves, at least on some level, of being "US"...unless of course you are one of those that feel as if they need to "go back to Africa"..

Don't be a racist.

I mean, blues may have been a bit informed by traditional African music...but it didn't come from there. It came from here, and (yes, VERY sad but true) they (the originals) were not buying their instruments, nor did they (in the begining) have any hand in recording it. It was white people that ackowledged the beauty in what they were doing, and it was white people who learned to play/do something different with it.

"There was the blues, and then the blues had a baby called rock and roll"...To loosely quote Muddy Waters.

Try again.

And sadly enough, if popular trends keep going the way in which they have, in less than 20 years whites will have been playing blues longer than black people. The fucked up things whites did, surely, had a hand in what became the blues. But also, the beautiful things in which whites did...are why we have recordings of Robert Johnson, Leroy Carr (countless others...), and also is why someone as far away as RObert Plant said "Robert Johnson is a part of what I am".