View Single Post
Old 09.08.2016, 04:20 PM   #2869
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Mainstream 90's hip hop was and is the fucking WORST. fuck all that stupid shit. Long live the Dirty South...

Strongly disagree with you there buddy. I'm not sure what decade you were living in, but in MY '90s, it was Tribe, OutKast, Wu-Tang, Gang Starr, Jay, obviously Big and Pac, Kool Keith, and veritable fuck tons of other awesome shit.

Apart from OutKast and Goodie Mob, southern rap didn't start sounding like anything until the early-mid '00s with Wayne's solo ascent and the rise of Gucci Mane.

Fuck all that ridiculous early Cash Money shit, Master P, Juvenile... Barfing all over the place. It was the worst offender of the big flashy video fad. Fish eyed lenses and sweaty ass people dancing to stupid fucking shit.

Compared to that shit, current southern artists like KRIT... even Thug, Future and the rest are freaking gods. Maybe I'm forgetting a bunch of good southern rap groups... I'm sure I am, but still, that Cash Money era was the most embarrassing in rap's history. When the west fell and the east started to turn away from the commercial, out came the dumbass south, with a big sepia colored turd log of all the stupidest shit from either coast, and packaged it in a bunch of covers that looked exactly the same. Cash Money was the Boy Band era of hip-hop.

Thank God for OutKast, man.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|